Bulgaria Invests in its T-72 Tanks
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence (MoD) is set to invest BGN13.6 million (USD8 million) in the overhaul of some of its T-72M1 main battle tanks (MBTs) while considering launching an upgrade programme for its armour inventory in 2019, reports Jane's 360.
A contract is expected to be signed by the end of the year covering the general overhaul of 13 T-72s for BGN10.7 million, while 60 TPD-K1 day laser range finder gunner’s sights, also used on the T-72, will be refurbished for BGN2.9 million.
The Bulgarian state-controlled TEREM EAD holding company was selected on 28 November as the preferred contractor. Its subsidiary, TEREM-Khan Krum in Targovishte, will perform the tank and sight work.
- » Trilateral Security Summit in Israel
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: F-16 Final Talks Will be at the End of Next Week
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Offer for the Eight F-16 Fighter Aircrafts is BGN 2.2 Billion
- » US Devil Brigade Soldiers Showcase Air Defense Capabilities in Bulgaria
- » US Embassy in Sofia Delivers Offer for Acquisition of Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov and Defence Minister Karakachanov Watch a Military Training in Shabla