Three Companies have a Preliminary Interest to Invest in Belene NPP
According to the Ministry of Energy, three companies want to invest in the plant - the Chinese nuclear corporation, the Korean Hydroatomic Corporation and the French Company ''Areva''.
''Three companies have expressed a preoccupation to participate in the construction of the second nuclear power plant in Bulgaria near Belene - the Chinese nuclear corporation, the Korean Hydro-Atomic Corporation and the French "Areva".'' This was announced by Energy Minister Temenujka Petkova from the parliamentary stand. The Minister reports to the National Assembly to present the procedure for the selection of investor for Belene NPP.
According to Petkova, the procedure will start at the beginning of next year. It is expected that the new investor will be selected by the end of 2019 when confirmed real interest. Bulgaria has set several conditions - the Belene price to be up to 10 billion euros, the implementation period - up to 10 years, Bulgaria not to participate new cash investments but have a blocking quota. In addition, the operator of the future power will be Kozloduy NPP and the equipment will be already bought from Russia.
According to the Ministry of Energy, it is necessary to build a Belene NPP, because after 2030 there will be a shortage of electricity not only in Bulgaria, but also in the whole region, Minister Temenujka Petkova said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » Bulgaria is the Third Importer of Turkish Tomatoes in the World
- » Egg Producers in Bulgaria expect their Price to Continue to Rise
- » Bulgarian State Support Saved Hundreds of Farms after the Effects of the War in Ukraine
- » Why Are Online Casinos so Successful in the UK