MPs Rejected Raising the Minimum Pension to BGN 300
The pensioners in Bulgaria with the lowest income will receive BGN 219.43 as of July 1, instead of the current BGN 207.60.
Deputies voted to increase the minimum pension from July 1 next year to BGN 219, 43. So far, the minimum payment is 207,60 BGN. The maximum pension also changes from the middle of next year and it will be BGN 1200.
The opposition BSP (Bulgarian Socialist Party) and MRF Movement for Rights and Freedoms) have suggested that the minimum pension be BGN 300. However, the proposal was not accepted by the government on the grounds that there is not enough money for such payments.
The raising of the minimum pension also became a cause for disputes in the plenary.
- » Bulgaria is Failing to Attract Funding for Science
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Reports a Drop in Casualties of Car Crashes
- » Expenses of the Bulgarian Family are Growing Faster than Income
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Inspected Construction of Section of Hemus Motorway
- » Construction on the Expansion of the Southern Arc of the Ring Road in Sofia can Start at end of 2019.
- » City Scooters like in Vienna will be soon Roaming the Streets of Sofia