MPs Rejected Raising the Minimum Pension to BGN 300
The pensioners in Bulgaria with the lowest income will receive BGN 219.43 as of July 1, instead of the current BGN 207.60.
Deputies voted to increase the minimum pension from July 1 next year to BGN 219, 43. So far, the minimum payment is 207,60 BGN. The maximum pension also changes from the middle of next year and it will be BGN 1200.
The opposition BSP (Bulgarian Socialist Party) and MRF Movement for Rights and Freedoms) have suggested that the minimum pension be BGN 300. However, the proposal was not accepted by the government on the grounds that there is not enough money for such payments.
The raising of the minimum pension also became a cause for disputes in the plenary.
- » Record Copyright Revenues Collected in Bulgaria
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating
- » Bulgarian Railways BDZ Provides Services for People with Disabilities
- » Outgoing Central Election Commission Reports on its 5-year Term of Office
- » New Pension Calculation Formula in Bulgaria will not Lead to Pension Cuts
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway