The Bulgarian Cabinet Approved BGN 6 Million for a Scientific Health Program
Approximately BGN 6 million will be awarded as a national scientific program for innovative, low-toxic, biologically active means of precision medicine. The funds for the period from 2018 to 2021 are for the development of new methodologies for the study of biologically active substances. They should determine their quality and relevance. New products need to be sought for the purposes of personalized and preventive medicine.
"The successful development of alternative approaches to the fight against infectious, neurodegenerative and malignant diseases will contribute to improving the quality of life of the population, and will reduce the pressure on the health and social system by optimizing and reducing medical costs for multi-drug infections, and the incapacity for work of those affected, which is expected to bring economic and social benefits to the country, "the government's press service said.
The program will be monitored and coordinated by the Ministry of Education and Science. "The goal is to overcome fragmentation in the research system, consolidate research potential, concentrate financial resources to address issues that are important to society and avoid duplication of funding."
At a previous meeting, the cabinet approved several other national science programs. Some of them also address health-related issues, including digitalization.
- » Plovdiv: Latest Bird Flu Case Affects 43,000 Laying Hens in a Farm in Trilistnik
- » Weekly Clinical Examinations in Bulgarian Pig Farms Continue
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Several Models of Change in the Healthcare System are Being Discussed
- » World Health Organisation: Rising European Life Expectancy Undermined by Obesity
- » 12 Passengers Fall ill on Board 2 Separate American Airlines Flights to Philadelphia from Europe
- » Bulgaria will ask EC to Drop Restrictive Measures for High-biosecurity Facilities in Varna