The Fire Near Karlovo Should be Completely Extinguished within a Week
Sofia. The fire near Karlovo is expected to be completely extinguished within a week, Mayor Emil Kabaivanov told Focus News Agency. He said the situation is now under control and 20 people remain on site to monitor the area where the fire broke out. “Late afternoon yesterday the fire was contained and nearly extinguished,” he said, explaining that wildfires continue to smoulder after being put out. An area of approximately 100 decares was affected, no private property was damaged. Kabaivanov argued that the state should help the municipalities to maintain volunteer units, well trained and equipped, financially stimulated and ready to respond to natural disasters.
- » Cloudy Skies Today, Snow and Rain in Some Areas
- » Snow and Icy Roads in the High Parts of Bulgaria
- » Two Strong Earthquakes Were Recorded Today in the Ionian Sea
- » It Will Remain Considerably Cloudy Today, with Light Rain
- » First Snow in Some Places Around Bulgaria Over the Weekend
- » Death Toll Climbs to 48 in California's Most Lethal Wildfire Disaster