The Fire Near Karlovo Should be Completely Extinguished within a Week
Sofia. The fire near Karlovo is expected to be completely extinguished within a week, Mayor Emil Kabaivanov told Focus News Agency. He said the situation is now under control and 20 people remain on site to monitor the area where the fire broke out. “Late afternoon yesterday the fire was contained and nearly extinguished,” he said, explaining that wildfires continue to smoulder after being put out. An area of approximately 100 decares was affected, no private property was damaged. Kabaivanov argued that the state should help the municipalities to maintain volunteer units, well trained and equipped, financially stimulated and ready to respond to natural disasters.
- » New Type of Pollution: Plastic Waste Is Already Incrusting in the Rocks
- » Yellow Code for Intense Rainfall and Thunderstorms in 10 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder, Code Yellow Warning Code For 5 Regions in the Country
- » Over 9,200 ha of Corn Completely Damaged by Hail in Central Bulgaria
- » The Problematic Places of Sofia, which Get Flooded after Heavy Rainfall
- » Europe is Threatened by Temperature Records