Emergency Departments in Bulgaria Received over 150 Flood Signals for the last 24 Hours
Emergency teams reacted to more than 150 signals due to the complicated meteorological situation in the last 24 hours, the Ministry of Interior announced.
At present, the forces and means of the fire safety units are involved in the localization and liquidation of 29 accidents. Most are the signals for the territory of Yambol, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo and Sofia. No data are available on injured or people in trouble. Just in Yambol district there were around 40 alerts at the Regional Fire Department. Most of them are for flooded ground floors. On site there are teams of firemen who wait for the water to flow to begin drainage. All received signals are currently being processed.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone
- » The Council of the European Union Has Adopted New Rules on Single-Use Plastics