Emergency Departments in Bulgaria Received over 150 Flood Signals for the last 24 Hours
Emergency teams reacted to more than 150 signals due to the complicated meteorological situation in the last 24 hours, the Ministry of Interior announced.
At present, the forces and means of the fire safety units are involved in the localization and liquidation of 29 accidents. Most are the signals for the territory of Yambol, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo and Sofia. No data are available on injured or people in trouble. Just in Yambol district there were around 40 alerts at the Regional Fire Department. Most of them are for flooded ground floors. On site there are teams of firemen who wait for the water to flow to begin drainage. All received signals are currently being processed.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C