BGN 300 Fine Threatens Skaters Doing Stunts Outside Specially Designated Areas in Sofia
There will be 300 leva fine for skaters performing stunts outside the designated places, according to the current draft order for public order in Sofia. Skaters are unhappy with two things - that the municipality will ban them from something without giving them a free alternative, as well as the word "cascade" in the text, because it can be interpreted by law enforcement in different ways.
Sofia, though capital, is one of the last cities Bulgaria in which there are no municipal places for skating, said Delyan Stafanov - a part of the Skate City Citizens Initiative, who are struggling to create more such places.
The draftsman, Ivan Iliev, explained that the purpose of the municipality is not to limit the skaters. "Our goal is to protect the municipal property, so that they can perform their stunts, but on the intended facilities," he said.
Now there are several such places, added Iliev - in front of the monument of the Soviet Army, the Student City and the South Park. According to skateboarders, these are private facilities that need to be paid. Every park can have such a place, says Delyan Statanov.
"At the moment, the modern architecture according to which these sites are built takes four to five hundred square meters, and there are so many parks where such places can be easily set up," he said.
One of the proposals that Skate City will bring to the Municipality next week will be Baba Yaga Lake, behind the monument of the Soviet Army to become a skate facility with the approval of Sofia Municipality.
- » A Limit of 90 km/h is Introduced on Trakia Highway between Chirpan and Stara Zagora
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints
- » Former Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Government Instability is a Fact, but there is no Serious Alternative
- » New Interior Minister of Bulgaria Promises Continuity
- » Prosecutor General: Bulgaria has Industrial Capacity and Full Mobility of illegal Cigarette Production