Belgian Scout in Trouble in Rila Mountain, Rescued after a 15-hour Operation
18-year-old Belgian got injured in the area of Dodov peak in Rila. The young person who is part of a Scout organization fell and hit his knee seriously. The incident happened on late Sunday afternoon.
The search for the Belgian was hampered by the dynamically changing weather and slippery terrain. The rescue operation lasted more than 15 hours, including in the dark hours of the day, and over 15 people participated - rescuers from Dupnitsa and Samokov.
The search included the 6-month-old dog Toby of the mountain savior Georgi Nikiforov.
The injured young man is taken to a medical facility. Rescuers from Dupnitsa had a busy week after conducting two successful actions to rescue injured and lost tourists in the mountains.
- » A Woman Survives a 1.5-Kilometer Fall in Canada. Her Parachute Failed to Open
- » Part of the Wing of a Passenger Plane in New York Fell Off
- » Rescuers Looking for a 14-year-old Girl by the Sea near Varna
- » Fire Breaks out in Locomotive Along Bulgarian Railway Line
- » Fire at a Pennsylvania Day Care Center Kills 5 Children
- » British Airways Flight Was Urgently Evacuated after Smoke Filled the Cabin