Kate Middleton and Prince William Announced Their Royal Baby's Name
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge finally revealed the name of their third child.
The name of the baby is Louis Arthur Charles. His royal title will be His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge.
The new prince was born on April 23rd at London's St Mary's Hospital, where his brother and his sister - Prince George and Princess Charlotte - were born. He is fifth in the line of inheritance of the throne and Queen Elizabeth's 6th grandson.
Britain has never had a king with that name, but it is popular in France. Louis was the name of Lord Mountbatten, the uncle of the great-grandfather Prince Philip, who died in 1979. Louis is also a middle name for both Prince William and Prince George. The full name of Prince William is William Arthur Philippe Louis.
Bookmakers in the UK thought that the name of the new prince would be Arthur. Named favorites were also James and Philippe.
- » China Blasts US Solar Tariffs
- » Turkey Doubles Tariffs on some U.S. Imports, Turkish Lira Rallies
- » Vienna Ranked as Most Liveable City in the World
- » Crash Outside Parliament in London Treated as Terrorism
- » 39 Killed in Arms Depot Blast in Northern Syria near Turkish Border
- » Scientists Over the Moon for NASA's Solar Probe Launch to the Sun