9 Teenagers Died after a Storm in Israel
Nine teenagers were killed after they were taken off by waters while they were on a trip in an area south of the Dead Sea in Israel, reported world agencies.
All died at the age of 18. Searching for a girl continues.
Earlier today, authorities said a group of 25 students doing pre-military program in the area were surprised and some were swept away by floods.
The Dead Sea is surrounded by deserts and dry steep rocks. However, in heavy rains, the water level in the area rises in minutes, creating lush and dangerous streams along the steep slopes.
In the last days torrential rains have caused flooding in Israel. On Tuesday, two people died in floods in the southern part of the country.
- » TIR Truck Turned Upside Down on Trakia Highway
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Five Injured Following Explosion at London Tube Station
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Child Fell from an Abandoned Building in Mezdra
- » Boiler Exploded near a School and Wounded Teachers