Bulgarians Make a Rose Garden in London
Bulgarians who live in London will plant roses at Golden Square in Soho, London, announced from the London Bulgarian Association. The rose garden will be planted at the end of this week by participants in the Walks in London group, which has more than 1,700 members.
Golden Square has been chosen because Bulgarian roses have already been Bulgarian roses donated there in the 70s by the Sofia Municipality. The roses existed there until the end of the 1990s. Signs on the entrance to the square tell the story, including explaining that the roses are a donation from the Sofia Municipality.
"By planting roses again, we are reviving this Bulgarian initiative. This time, however, this is made by the Bulgarian group in London, not the Bulgarian state or the Sofia municipality, "says Boiko Boev of the organization.
- » What you Should Know Before Buying Sunglasses
- » A 12-year-old Sailor Crossed the North Sea in Less than 15 Hours
- » Today, the Fate of Penka the Cow will be Decided
- » Save More With a Kitchen Garden
- » More and more Newlyweds Marry at the Ancient Theater in Plovdiv
- » Dospat Rescued Bears will be Sent to Greece for Readaptation (Video)