125 Migrants were Rescued near Libya
125 migrants have been rescued from drowning off the coast of Libya, the world's agencies said. It happened about 120 km west of Tripoli. They traveled illegally to Europe when the Libyan navy fleet received a message saying that their ship is being disturbed. A European non-governmental organization was also involved in the operation.
The Libyan authorities warn that drug and other smuggled goods are being transported along the road in question, in addition to migrants.
- » Iran Will Allow Women to Attend National Football Team Match
- » Pope Francis Expressed Concern About Forest Fires in the Amazon Jungle
- » Boris Johnson: Britain Will Be an International, Outward-Looking Country after Brexit
- » Scientists Performed the First Complex Quantum Teleportation
- » Beijing Introduces New Retaliatory Tariffs on about $75 Billion Worth of US Goods
- » Putin and Erdogan Discussed the Situation in Syria over the Phone