125 Migrants were Rescued near Libya
125 migrants have been rescued from drowning off the coast of Libya, the world's agencies said. It happened about 120 km west of Tripoli. They traveled illegally to Europe when the Libyan navy fleet received a message saying that their ship is being disturbed. A European non-governmental organization was also involved in the operation.
The Libyan authorities warn that drug and other smuggled goods are being transported along the road in question, in addition to migrants.
- » Volkswagen Managers Are Being Investigated for Giving Excessively High Salaries to Certain Employees
- » Most of China's New Billionaires for 2018 Are from the Technology Sector
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council
- » The European Council to Impose Sanctions over Turkish Drilling Operations near Cyprus