Merkel Attacked Turkey About the Offensive in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel criticized Turkey for the offensive in the Syrian city of Afrin. The German leader also criticized the ongoing attacks by the Syrian army in East Ghouta near Damascus.
In front of lawmakers in the Bundestag, the Chancellor said the German government condemned the bombing of Eastern Ghouta "in the most categorical manner". She pointed out the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad, but also accused Russia of "just looking" and not interfering.
Commenting on the battle for Afrin, Merkel said Turkish actions are unacceptable.
"I also condemn this in a most categorical way," she added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister: I will Approve All Arms Deals that are OK. I cannot Restrict Exports to any Country
- » Former Economy Minister: Bulgaria must hold Immediate Negotiations with "Gazprom"
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM urged the Police: Stop the War on the Roads!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » The Ministry of Transport will Manage "Bulgarian Posts"
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO