Merkel Attacked Turkey About the Offensive in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel criticized Turkey for the offensive in the Syrian city of Afrin. The German leader also criticized the ongoing attacks by the Syrian army in East Ghouta near Damascus.
In front of lawmakers in the Bundestag, the Chancellor said the German government condemned the bombing of Eastern Ghouta "in the most categorical manner". She pointed out the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad, but also accused Russia of "just looking" and not interfering.
Commenting on the battle for Afrin, Merkel said Turkish actions are unacceptable.
"I also condemn this in a most categorical way," she added.
- » The Mission of the 36th Bulgarian Military Contingent in Afghanistan has Began
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
- » Theresa May: 'We risk Ending up with no Brexit at All'
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria