Merkel Attacked Turkey About the Offensive in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel criticized Turkey for the offensive in the Syrian city of Afrin. The German leader also criticized the ongoing attacks by the Syrian army in East Ghouta near Damascus.
In front of lawmakers in the Bundestag, the Chancellor said the German government condemned the bombing of Eastern Ghouta "in the most categorical manner". She pointed out the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad, but also accused Russia of "just looking" and not interfering.
Commenting on the battle for Afrin, Merkel said Turkish actions are unacceptable.
"I also condemn this in a most categorical way," she added.
- » Seychelles President Faure Meets Honorary Consul General Maxim Behar
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: If I Urge Deputy Simeonov to Resign, the Ruling Coalition will Fall Apart
- » Romania Takes over Presidency of EU Strategy for the Danube Region from Bulgaria
- » Boyko Borisov is on Official Visit to the UAE
- » Prime Minister Borisov Participated in Asia-Europe Summit
- » Bulgarian MPs Discussed the Vote of no Confidence over Healthcare