Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
The German publication Deutsche Welle has produced a documentary in Bulgaria about one of the older traditions of the Roma minority with regards to marriage.
The documentary follows a Kalaidzhi family as they attempt to find a husband for their daughter, and it explores the differences between the young Roma and the older generations.
In Bulgaria the Roma majority faces a number of social issues stemming from a combination of complex history, as well as cultural issues and discrimination. The result is that they have for a long time experienced social isolation, and as a result have maintained some older traditions which seem strange to outsiders.
While the subject may be somewhat controversial, Deutsche Welle approaches it in a sensible and human manner.
- » Lost Disney Film Showing Mickey Mouse's Predecessor Found in Japan
- » Elton John Announces UK Dates of His 300-Night Retirement World Tour
- » There is a New Gallery for Contemporary Art in Sofia
- » FLIGHT EXPERIENCE Comes To The Bulgarian National Theatre Next Week
- » OUR PAINTING IN NEW DIRECTIONS
- » Bulgarian Kinomania Film Festival Features over 50 Hit Movies from Around the World