Bulgarian Sailor Died on Board of the "Heroes of Sevastopol"
A 56-year-old Bulgarian sailor was killed in a fire on board the ferry "The heroes of Sevastopol", which is currently in the Georgian port of Poti, the BNR reported.
The incident is yet to be investigated, but a short circuit in one of the cabins is suspected to be the cause. The sailor suffocated from the smoke during the fire while the ferry was passing by Sochi.
The crew immediately localized and extinguished the fire by preventing it from spreading to the ship. There are no other victims.
The rest of the crew are good and it is expected early next week that "The Heroes of Sevastopol" will return to Varna.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas
- » A Man Wanted by Interpol is Detained in Sofia