17 Turkish Officials have Requested Political Asylum in Greece
17 Turkish officials have asked for political asylum in Greece after sailing with an inflatable boat to a Greek island, RIA Novosti reported.
The Greek Coast Guard reported that 17 people had arrived on the island of Inousse, then transferred to Chios island and were handed over to the port authorities.
According to Greek media, the arrivals were Turkish officials and judges who claim to be threatened with imprisonment because they are being persecuted by the Erdogan regime. All are accommodated in a refugee and migrant reception center for registration.
A day ago a 37-year-old Turkish woman, together with her two children aged 3 and 11, drowned in the Maritsa River when she tried to flee to Greece because she feared persecution by the Turkish authorities.
- » City Court in South Korea Ruled it was illegal to Kill Dogs for Meat
- » Crime will no Longer Pay: Council Agrees New Rules on Mutual Recognition of Freezing and Confiscation Orders
- » Evidence-based Measures are Crucial for the Drug Policies Effectiveness
- » EU Agrees New Rules for a more Efficient and Effective Eurojust
- » Terrorist Threat in the EU Remains High
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures