Negotiations for a Government in Northern Ireland have Failed
Negotiations on forming a government in Northern Ireland failed late last week after weeks of intense talks, the Associated Press reported.
Democratic Unionist Party leader Arlene Foster said the talks with the Irish Nationalist Shin-Fein Party to rebuild the government that broke up a year ago were unsuccessful. The Northern Ireland government collapsed in January 2017 amid a scandal surrounding an ill-fated renewable energy scheme that jeopardized the sharing of power, a key achievement of the 1998 peace treaty, ending decades of violence.
The two parties blame each other for the deadlock and the dispute over the energy project has expanded to wider cultural and political issues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: Do We have to Impose Total Lockdown Like Other Countries Did?
- » Why Putin Is Using a Gas Line to Finance His Corrupt Regime
- » Joe Biden Had Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin, Raised Some Sore Issues
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold and Snowy
- » Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte Officially Steps Down
- » Josep Borrell: European Perspective of North Macedonia Has No Alternative