An Earthquake of Magnitude 5.5 on the Richter Scale in Peru
An earthquake of magnitude 5.5 was recorded late last night from the Peruvian town of Puquio, the United States Geological Survey said.
So far there is no evidence of injuries and major damage. According to the institute, the epicenter is 202 km south of Puquio at a depth of 10 km.
The European-Mediterranean seismic center points to the same magnitude, specifying that the epicenter was under the bottom of the Pacific Ocean 277 km west of Arequipa, TASS reported. There was no threat of a tsunami.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C