Bulgaria Tops Europe's Chart of Private Home Ownership
Almost 97 percent of Bulgarian homes are private-owned. The owners inhabit 94 percent of them while 5 percent are rented out. The runner-ups among EU aspirants are Romania and Lithuania with 92 percent of private ownership based 1996 data.
In terms of utilities, the survey found a wide gap between Bulgarian homes in urban and rural areas. Although on average 58 percent of the residential units have electricity, running water and sewerage infrastructure, only 14 percent of rural homes offer such utilities, whereas in urban area the percentage is as high as 85 percent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is launching a large-scale Advertising Campaign to Attract Tourists
- » Germany to Reduce Heating in Public Buildings to 19 Degrees
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: On October 1, Gas will flow through the Interconnector from Greece
- » Bulgaria's Energy Commission Confirmed the Rise of Natural Gas Prices by 60%