Decrease in the Number of Stray Dogs Since 2013
The government adopted a report on the implementation of the municipal programs for the control of the population of stray dogs on the territory of Bulgaria in 2016, BGNES reported.
The total number of free-ranging dogs obtained by collecting data from all municipalities is 25,861. In 2013, they were 35,383. In 2016 there was a slight increase in their number - by 0,97% or 733 more, of that in 2015.
In 2016 there is an increase in the number of registered shelters in the country - 44, compared with 2015 when they are with three less. There is a steady upward trend in the number of dogs registered and introduced in the integrated VETiS information system in 2016 - 33 882. In 2015, their number was 29 215.
- » Bulgarian President Radev and CEC Discussed Preparations for the European Elections
- » Anti-corruption Body Investigates Property Deals of Ruling Majority Politicians in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Will Pay More For Driving Courses
- » Scientists from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences have Discovered Anti-tumor Properties of Cannabis
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: It is Important to Have Brexit with Rules
- » Bulgarian Head of State: There Should be no Doubt About the Transparency and Honesty of the Upcoming European Elections