Bulgarian Socialist Party Wants a Referendum on the Istanbul Convention
We are signing a referendum on the Istanbul Convention - so the people can tell their opinion about the situation. This is what BSP leader Kornelia Ninova said at a briefing in the National Assembly, FOCUS News Agency reported.
Ninova said the necessary signatures would be submitted to the National Assembly's registry office tomorrow. The BSP leader said the party proposes that the question of the referendum be For and Against the ratification of the Istanbul Convention?". Ninova said that if the rulers were in a hurry and insisted that this ratification be made, then the people would not be able to say what they think.
"We are continuing to introduce laws that meet the requirements of the Istanbul Convention as regards violence against children. We think this is the right way to make a fight against this violence a reality. We are firmly opposed to it, and we continue to import these laws, "Ninova said, and recalled that BSP had already introduced changes to the Penal Code.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend