Iran Bans Teaching English in Primary Schools
Iran bans teaching English in primary schools after Iranian High Commissioner Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said early learning of this language created conditions for a Western "cultural invasion," Reuters reported.
"Teaching English in the official training course of state and private primary schools is against the laws and regulations," the head of the State Higher Education Council, Mehdi Navid-Adham, told Iran's state television.
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis
- » Armed Attack on Ruling Party Kills 3 in Turkey