South Korean Scientists have Found an Effective Cure Against Baldness
South Korean scientists have found an effective cure against baldness in tests with mice, which will give hope to millions of people suffering from hair loss, according to Metro.
The team of Professor Choi Kang Yel of Yonsei University in Seoul found the ingredient CXXC, a zinc protein that controls the development of hair follicles. In mouse tests lasting 4 weeks, the protein in question caused the growth of new follicles. The emergence of new hair was also observed when treating bald place with valproic acid.
According to the South Korean team, thanks to the new discovery, a drug can be developed soon, not only to cure the baldness but also to regenerate the damaged skin tissue.
- » France's Le Pen Ordered to Undergo Psychiatric Tests over IS Tweets
- » Five Million Children Risk Famine in War-torn Yemen
- » Satellite Net Developed in the UK Collects Space Junk for the First Time
- » EU Summit to Defuse Migrant Tension, Set Brexit Countdown
- » Poland Banned from EU Judicial Body
- » By April 2019, EU Countries must say Whether they Want Summer or Winter Time