South Korean Scientists have Found an Effective Cure Against Baldness
South Korean scientists have found an effective cure against baldness in tests with mice, which will give hope to millions of people suffering from hair loss, according to Metro.
The team of Professor Choi Kang Yel of Yonsei University in Seoul found the ingredient CXXC, a zinc protein that controls the development of hair follicles. In mouse tests lasting 4 weeks, the protein in question caused the growth of new follicles. The emergence of new hair was also observed when treating bald place with valproic acid.
According to the South Korean team, thanks to the new discovery, a drug can be developed soon, not only to cure the baldness but also to regenerate the damaged skin tissue.
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis