Libya will Investigate Slave Trade in the Country
The Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government of National Unity has announced that he has begun investigating reported cases of sale of migrants as slaves reported last week by US television CNN in a shocking documentary.
Ahmed Maiteeq expressed dissatisfaction with a message released on Facebook following the release of the film about "the new appearance of slave trade in the suburbs of Tripoli."
Ahmed Maiteeq said he would commission a committee of inquiry to investigate this media information to capture and sue the perpetrators, "said mediapool. The recent CNN report shows how migrants are auctioned in Libya, with a cost of just $ 400. This has provoked violent reaction to indignation in Africa and the United Nations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Anti-Americanism and Russian Propaganda in Greece
- » Day 165 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Parts of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant were Damaged
- » Taiwan's President appeals for International Support to Halt Escalation of the Regional Situation
- » The Death Toll from Israeli Bombings in the Gaza Strip has risen to 32
- » Day 164 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and Moscow Accuse Each Other of Shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption