FIFA Approves a Tournament for Countries that did not Qualify for the World Cup
FIFA will approve a potential tournament involving national teams that have not qualified for World Cup 2018 in Russia. The idea of such a championship came from the US Football Federation. According to the BBC, FIFA will not interfere with the tournament, which will be presented as an alternative world championship.
However, it is still unclear whether such championship would happen, and should be approval given by the strongest teams that did not qualify for the World Championship, headed by Italy and the Netherlands, as well as the champion of South America Chile. According to US media, the requirement will be for every team to play with all their stars.
Calls are likely to be sent to the three major African teams that have failed to qualify - Ghana, Cameroon and Côte d'Ivoire. Besides Italy and the Netherlands, Europe, possibly, may include Wales, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Greece and Turkey.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing