Winter Tires are Mandatory from Today in Bulgaria
From today until March 1 winter tires are mandatory. It is also acceptable to drive with summer tires, but then the grapple of the tire must be at least 4 mm. Besides in Bulgaria where this obligation is clearly spelled out in the law, it exists in several EU countries - Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Sweden and Croatia.
It is important to know that usually this responsibility applies not only to local drivers but also to those who drive cars from abroad, announced the European Consumer Center Bulgaria. The requirement is according to the latest changes in the Road Traffic Act. A fine of BGN 50 is also provided for driving worn or damaged tires.
There is a buffer period of one week, and from 21 to 30 November the traffic police begins checking whether the vehicles are ready to move in winter conditions. In addition to the tires, more headlamps, wipers, etc. will be tested.
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia
- » New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone