Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant can Operate Until 2047
The Fifth Unit of Kozloduy NPP will be allowed to work for another ten years. This is announced by the executive director of the plant Ivan Andreev. For the first time, a Bulgarian nuclear facility will continue to produce electricity after the end of its project resource, reports webcafe.
The Kozloduy NPP intends to take further measures to increase the safety of the Fifth Unit. According to the director, it can work without a problem until 2047. For this purpose, a license should be issued every ten years.
Today, the award of the license will be held by the Chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Agency Lachezar Kostov, the Minister of Energy Temenujka Petkova will also attend the event.
- » Kozloduy NPP Will Be Supplied with Nuclear Fuel by 2025
- » The European Commission Approved nearly 94 Million Euros for a New Power Plant in Bulgaria
- » Herro Mustafa: The US Will Send Energy Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)