Puigdemont and Half of his Ministers are with European Arrest Warrants
Europol will look for Carles Puigdemont and hand him to Madrid. The Spanish prosecutor demanded a European arrest warrant for former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont. A request was also made for four other members of the former regional government of the Autonomous Region after they refused to appear in Madrid for questioning. The five, believed to be in Belgium, were summoned to a court hearing after prosecutors accused them of incitement of rebellion and misuse of public funds.
At the same time, the Madrid prosecution requested the Spanish National Court to charge 8 ministers of Puigdemont's government. The measure was requested after a total of nine members of the regional cabinet had been heard in the National Court in connection with a possible indictment of rebellion, anti-state activity and misuse of public funds, bTV reported.
The court said the prosecutor's office had suggested releasing eight of them from custody if they paid a financial guarantee.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Caretaker Cabinet Decided on Replacing Head of Digital Governance Agency
- » Caretaker HM Katsarov - It Will Be Good to Abolish Monopoly of National Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgarian Judges Association Demanded Resignation of Entire Supreme Judicial Council
- » Bulgarian Politician Accused of Espionage
- » Defense Minister Discussed Bulgaria-US Defense Cooperation with US Officials
- » Polling Survey Shows at least 6 Parties in Next Parliament