Boats with Nearly 300 Migrants were Detected Near the Libyan Coast
Libyan Coast Guard said today that it has encountered two inflatable boats with 299 African migrants, including 40 women and 19 children, in the Mediterranean east of Tripoli, an Israeli press reported.
The migrants were rescued yesterday near the Libyan town of Zliten and taken to the port of Tripoli. There are no reported casualties. Libya has become one of the main transit points for migrants to Europe, as smugglers use the chaos surrounding the country since the 2011 uprising, when Muammar Gaddafi's regime was dropped. Recently, the Libyan authorities have stepped up efforts to cut the flow of migrants to Europe.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry