Boats with Nearly 300 Migrants were Detected Near the Libyan Coast
Libyan Coast Guard said today that it has encountered two inflatable boats with 299 African migrants, including 40 women and 19 children, in the Mediterranean east of Tripoli, an Israeli press reported.
The migrants were rescued yesterday near the Libyan town of Zliten and taken to the port of Tripoli. There are no reported casualties. Libya has become one of the main transit points for migrants to Europe, as smugglers use the chaos surrounding the country since the 2011 uprising, when Muammar Gaddafi's regime was dropped. Recently, the Libyan authorities have stepped up efforts to cut the flow of migrants to Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Anti-Americanism and Russian Propaganda in Greece
- » Day 165 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Parts of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant were Damaged
- » Taiwan's President appeals for International Support to Halt Escalation of the Regional Situation
- » The Death Toll from Israeli Bombings in the Gaza Strip has risen to 32
- » Day 164 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and Moscow Accuse Each Other of Shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption