The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
Over 120 000 trees will be planted near Sofia's quarter Suhodol, reports Mediapool.
The new forest in Sofia should be plantet there and the Municipality of Sofia have already named their initiative. The planting of the first part of the plants starts this Saturday at 11 am, the local administration said.
The new forest should extend to 225 acres near the rehabilitated old dump of the capital. For planting the trees, the Sofia Municipality team will rely on volunteers. According to plans all trees should be planted within three forestation seasons - by the end of 2018. The tree saplings for the first season, which will last until December 3rd, are provided by the NGO gorata.bg.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded