The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
"Mrs. Reeves" portrait from 1954, by Salvador Dali, fell into the hands of Lebanese special services fighting smuggling of art.
The alleged masterpiece was stolen from a private collection in one of the neighboring countries of Lebanon and could cost millions of dollars.
The two smugglers, a Lebanese and a Syrian, were detained in the Dhohat-Aram Mountain Area in the vicinity of Beirut.
International experts must establish the authenticity of the work in the coming days. It depicts a woman with a red rose in her hand against the background of a desert Catalan landscape. Mrs. Reeves is illuminated by the sun's rays that fall from dense clouds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski