Grigor Dimitrov Defeated Del Potro with 2: 0
Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the quarterfinals at the Beijing ATP 500 tournament after a hard victory against Argentinean Juan Martin del Potro with 2:0 sets (7:6(6), 7:5), reports Sportal.
The victory is especially valuable because the Bulgarian showed a rare psychological resilience in his game and managed to turn around the game after he was behind in both sets.
This was the second consecutive victory for the Bulgarian against Del Potro, who had previously lost five times. His next rival in Beijing will be Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut - 13th in the world rankings and fifth in the tournament scheme.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match