Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
Astronomical autumn (fall) is arriving in Bulgaria Sunday, September 22 at 11:44 pm, the Institute for Astronomy and the National Astronomical Lab on peak Rozhen at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, announced.
This year September 22 is the day of the autumn equinox (it is always around this date) in the northern hemisphere, when night and day are nearly of the same length.
In the northern hemisphere, the Sun crosses the celestial equator moving southward. Daylight time becomes shorter and the weather starts to cool down.
In the southern hemisphere, the autumnal equinox corresponds to the center of the Sun crossing the celestial equator moving northward and occurs on the date of the northern vernal equinox, meaning spring begins in Australia and South America.
The autumn equinox marks the first day of the season of autumn.
- » Heat Wave Turns Deadly in Japan Following Historic Flooding
- » Rainfall is Expected in Almost All of Bulgaria
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » The New Week in Bulgaria Begins with Sun, after that there will be Rain in some Places
- » Massive Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village as Residents are Evacuated
- » Scientists Find Hidden Rainforest on top of an African Mountain