ISIS has Financial Troubles Along with Increasing Pressure from the West
The revenues of the Islamic State terrorist group have fallen five times in two years, according to the Italian newspaper La Stampa, quoted by BGNES.
The Italian media refers to documents found after the liberation of Mosul and other cities that were subordinated to ISIS. According to the Italian edition, which is based on data from the IHS Markit analytical center, from USD 80 million in 2015, ISIS's revenues fell to USD 16 million in 2017.
The main reason is the rapid loss of territory - from 250,000 km2 with a population of 10 million in 2015, to less than a quarter. Moreover, the war against jihadists has led to the destruction of oilfields, from which they have also received funds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)