The Greek Railways Started a 24-hour Strike
Greek railway workers started a 24-hour strike and stopped the movement of all trains, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
They protest against the privatization of the railway operator. The trade unions insist on terminating the transfer of the Greek railway company "Transez" to the Italian state operator.
The European Commission has approved the deal to buy the Greek railway company from the only bidder - the Italian state railways. For a total of EUR 45 million, the Italian state railway company "Ferrovie Dello Stato" receives 100% of the capital of the company, which manages all transports in Greece - passenger and freight.
The government considers the privatization of the debt-ridden railway company as a great success. The railway workers, in turn, are afraid of mass layoffs. In their support today, with the hour-long stoppage, both the metro workers in Athens and the city railroad are joining the protest
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Thriving in the Virtual Realm: The Rise of Online Casinos
- » Bulgaria Implements a Ban on Self-Excluded Individuals from Employment in Casinos
- » Five countries, including Bulgaria, want to Extend the Ban on the Import of Ukrainian Grain
- » Bulgaria will ask for the Ban on Ukrainian Sunflower, Oil and Dry Milk to be extended until the New Year
- » Cryptocurrency Regulations in Online Gaming
- » Bulgarian Arms Manufacturer with Unprecedented Revenues for the first 6 months of 2023