Migrants Claim they were Robbed by Bulgarian Police Officers
Eight migrants complained that they had been beaten and robbed by Bulgarian policemen. Three Afghans and five Syrians were detained in Kirklareli under a preventive check of gendarmerie patrols in a village near Kirklareli. Reports Mediapool.
They are already in the center for temporary accommodation and extradition, according to BGS. During the interrogation, the men said that two days earlier they managed to penetrate the Bulgarian territory, but the Bulgarian police officers found them, beat them, took their mobile phones and their money. They then returned them to Turkey. The migrants were hiding all day in the woods when Turkish gendarmerie officers found them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » A Quarter of Bulgarians are ready to Emigrate
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 38 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days
- » Bulgaria is among the EU countries with the Highest Household Expenditure on Food and Soft Drinks
- » Survey: Every Fifth Bulgarian has been in the Car with a Drunk Driver