Grigor Dimitrov is no Longer Among the Top 10 of the World Tennis
Grigor Dimitrov stayed in the top 10 of the world tennis only two weeks. In the updated July (July 31st) rankings, the Bulgarian is 11th.
Dimitrov gave up his seat because of the rise of Alexander Zverev. The German climbed to 8th position with 3150 points. Nine is Kai Nishikori with 3140 points and tenth - 3070 points.
The reason for the fall of Grigor is the break that the Bulgarian took after Wimbledon. Unlike his competitors, Dimitrov made a romantic vacation and missed the tournament in Canada.
Last season he reached the quarterfinals and this year he lost his points.
Dimitrov may return to Top 10 as early as next week. He will take part in the tournament in Washington, where he is placed in the chart under number 4. Grigor starts from the second round and his rival is Kyle Edmund (UK) or Hion Chun (Korea).
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing