Bulgaria Runs Risk of Periphery Role in EU
Countries like Bulgaria which are no Eurozone members may face marginalization in a European Union of several tiers, political scientist Daniel Smilov has said.
In an interview with Focus News Agency, Smilov has warned that the Eurozone may end up as a more integrated "first tier".
Bulgaria and other countrie, which have not yet joined the single currency area, risk falling out of the first tier.
However, elections due in a number of European capitals this year will be decisive for the process, Smilov has added.
- » Visegrad/Insight: Bulgaria’s Black Mirror
- » Euractiv: Has Bulgaria’s Coal Industry Hit Rock Bottom?
- » GDPR in Bulgaria: Doctors and Employers Need no Consent for the Processing of Personal Data
- » Will Bulgaria Become Europe’s Next Gas Hub?
- » Eastern Europe Experiencing Deep Demographic Crisis
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria Blames ‘Constantly Changing' Demands for Euro Delay