Former Regional Governor of Haskovo Indicted for Biser Flood
The former regional governor of Haskovo Irena Uzunova has been indicted for the flood in the village of Biser, reported Focus agency.
Five years after the tragedy, the Prosecutor’s Office identified for the first time a concrete person as responsible for the incident in which 11 people died and tens of houses were destroyed.
Then, the wall of dam Ivanovo burst and, early in the morning, a huge wave flooded the village which is located about 10 km downstream along the Biserska river.
The regional prosecutor of Plovdiv Gergana Mutafova specified that Uzunova is indicted on charges of not fulfilling her duties as regional governor.
According to Mutafova, on February 2, 2012, Uzunova caused the flood via negligence after she was supposed to undertake preventive activities for reducing the risk of disasters.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor