New Shooting in Turkey's Istanbul
An armed man opened fire against police vehicles only hours after unknown persons shot at the building of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP).
The shooter threw a hand grenade as well before running off, reported BNR.
No victims or injured people have been reported.
The attack took place in the neighbourhood where Reina club is located. Reina was attacked on New Year’s Eve and 39 people were shot.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. According to the authorities, the attack was carried out by “ultra left activists”.
The attack comes against the background of the extension of the powers of President Recep Erdogan which has caused an escalation of the tension in the country, reported AFP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs