EP Deputies Fail to Elect New President After Second Ballot
European deputies did not manage to elect a new President of the European Parliament at the second round of voting as well.
During the second round of voting on the replacement of Martin Schulz in Strasbourg, the candidates of the left-wing and the right-wing ranked first again.
Antonio Tajani (EPP, Italy) received 287 votes. A total of 200 deputies supported Socialist Gianni Pittella of Italy.
Neither of them, however, collected more than half of the valid ballots.
A third round of voting will begin at 18:30. There are still six candidates left.
If a fourth round of voting becomes necessary, only the first two candidates will remain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » Czech Government Declared a New State of Emergency
- » Poland to Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions, but Lockdown Remains
- » Travel Chaos in UK as Europeans Suspend Flights
- » Boris Johnson in Brussels Tomorrow for Brexit Talks
- » COVID-19 Death Toll in France Crosses 55,000 Mark