BGN 5-6 M Needed To Deal With Bird Flu in Bulgaria
Between BGN 5 M and BGN 6 M will be needed in order for the state to deal with bird flu and compensate farmers, stated outgoing Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva.
Taneva explained that bird flu is not dangerous for people.
“59 locations of infection have been registered. Four of these consist of wild ducks, the rest is home-bred poultry. Bird flu does not threaten people and they should remain calm. Humans cannot be infected by consuming chicken meat,” said Taneva.
BNR reported earlier on Saturday that another infection site has been discovered in Haskovo district.
25,000 birds will be killed in the village of Valgarovo, announced the Food Safety Agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Results Suggest That Almost 1.5 Million People in Italy Have Developed Antobodies for COVID-19
- » Gazprom to Pay 50 Million Euros Fine to Poland
- » Bulgarians to Travel to Ukraine Only With a Negative PCR Test
- » Greece Extends Requrements for a Negative PCR Test for Bulgarians
- » Bulgarian Breeders Will Receive BGN 82.5 Million in Support
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister: Tour Operators and Travel Agents Will Be Supported With BGN 10 Million