Bulgarian Woman among Injured in Istanbul Nightclub Attack
A Bulgarian woman has been among those injured in the attack that killed 39 people in Istanbul and left dozens injured, diplomats say.
Aged 28 or 29, the woman has already undergone surgery, the website Dnevnik.bg quotes Bulgaria's Ambassador to Turkey as saying.
Neynski says she did not immediately talk to the wounded Bulgarian nationa, who was "in shock" immediately after the attack.
The Bulgarian diplomat was about to attend celebrations at Reina nightclub herself, but found the venue sealed off by police upon arrival.
Earlier, outgoing Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov said there were not reports of Bulgarian nationals killed or injured.
"New Year celebrations in Istanbul was marred in blood by yet another terrorist attack in which tens of innocent civilians lost their lives," he said on Facebook.
"We express our solidarity with the people of the Republic of Turkey in this tough moment. We extend our condolences to the victoms' relatives and wish a speedy recovery to those hurt."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country