Russia Decides against Expelling US Diplomats
Russia will not tell US diplomats to leave despite Washington's decision to apply the measure, President Vladimir Putin has said.
The move comes following a proposal by the country's Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, that Moscow apply the measure reciprocally as the US declared 35 Russian diplomats "persona non grata" on Thursday.
The Kremlin, however, will be led by "the policy pursued by the administration of President[-elect] Donald Trump" which will also define Moscow's next steps to mend fences with Washington, TASS news agency quotes Putin as saying.
The US announced it was expelling the diplomats over Russia's alleged role in cyber attacks with US officials argue were aimed at intefering with the November 08 presidential election.
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions