Bulgaria's PM Borisov Remains in Hitrino
The removal of the dangerous cisterns from the derailed train in Hitrino continues for a fourth consecutive day.
The eighth cistern is expected to be removed on Sunday. It was loaded successfully on Saturday but the operation had to be terminated due to darkness in the evening.
The aim of the rescue teams is to remove on Sunday the most dangerous cistern which is still leaking gas. A special site has been constructed around it. The concentration of flammable substances in the air is being monitored constantly.
Prime Minister Borisov who arrived in Hitrino on Saturday stated that he will remain on the spot in order to inspect progress.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Plovdiv Traffic Police Congratulates Lady Drivers on March 8, Hand out Flowers
- » On March 8 Bulgarian Feminist Mobilization Group Will Rally for Gender Equality and Women’s Rights
- » Bulgarian Border Police: 12 Illegal Migrants, Including 3 Children Detained
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation