No Deadline Set for Removal of Dangerous Cisterns in Hitrino
Bulgaria’s institutions refused to commit to a deadline for the removal of the dangerous cisterns from Hitrino and letting in local residents.
At a briefing earlier on Wednesday, representatives of the Interior Ministry underlined that the most important thing is to avoid putting people’s health and life at risk.
Gas is still leaking from one of the cisterns from the derailed train. The cistern is expected to be sealed and, after that, the transportation of the cisterns out of the village will begin, announced outgoing Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova.
“There are two important phases of the operation today. One of them is the sealing of the most dangerous cistern which is still leaking gas. After that, we are ready to continue with the transportation of the remaining cisterns,” explained Bachvarova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend