40% of Europeans Reckon Rape is Justifiable
More than one-quarter of the residents of the European Union reckon that rape is justifiable, showed a survey of Eurobarometer.
27% of Europeans think that sexual abuse is acceptable under different circumstances, showed data processed by Statista, ordered by the Independent.
The survey focuses on questions like whether sexual abuse is acceptable when alcohol or drugs have been consumed, when the victim goes voluntarily to the home of their attacker and when provocative clothes are being worn.
The survey was carried out among 30,000 citizens of all EU member-states.
The data varies among respondents country-wise. For example, 60% of Romanians justify violence when at least one of the above-mentioned factors is present, while 22% of Englishmen accept the crime.
52% of Bulgarians think that constant criticism of one’s partner in order to make them feel inferior is unacceptable, while 40% believe that inappropriate sexual comments or “jokes” directed towards women are acceptable.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Polish Politicians on Decision of EU Court: They Declared War on Us!
- » Warsaw: We will Not Comply with the EU Declaration of the Rule of Law
- » European Leaders Attacked Poland at a Summit in Brussels
- » EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Supports Introduction of "Green Certificate" in Bulgaria