Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Effects of Bitcoin Halving on Miners and Investors
- » Learning How It Works: The Process of Bitcoin Trading Possibilities
- » EU Novelty – Digital Identity Wallet
- » How Serious Are Bulgaria’s Financial Difficulties? – Caretaker Finance Minister
- » Standard & Poor’s Confirmed Credit Rating Outlook of Bulgaria as Stable
- » Caretaker Finance Minister Raises Alarm: There’s Too Little Money in Bulgaria’s State Treasury