Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018