Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gambling Industry: Prospects and Future Trends
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in the EU is 8.8%, in Bulgaria - 13.4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation for May jumped 15%
- » Markets Jumped the Gun, expecting to Hawkish Fed tomorrow