Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank increased the Main Interest Rate for February
- » Financier: In Bulgaria, We’ve been Using Euro, which is called Lev, in a ratio of 2 to 1 for 25 Years Now
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank Withdraws Old Banknotes with Denomination of BGN 20 from Circulation – Check Where You can Change yours!
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024