Nearly BGN 4 B Spent with Bulgarian Bank Cards
Nearly BGN 4 B have been spent with Bulgarian bank cards in 2015, showed the latest survey of a large card company.
Experts forecast that the total volume of transactions will grow by an average of BGN 1.5 B per year. There are 7 debit cards to one credit card. That is why nine out of ten transactions are made with debit cards. The number of transactions with credit cards is also growing.
The number of transactions with contactless cards is increasing fast at supermarkets, gas stations and food outlets.
More and more companies pay their employees via bank cards. 2/3 of the transfers to the budget and state institutions are done via bank cards.
The latest data of the central bank showed that Bulgarians own nearly 8 million cards. Every second Bulgarian has a credit card.
Research shows that these are mostly people at the age of 30 to 45 years old, living in cities, more frequently women.
- » Spectacular Presentation of Maxim Behar's "The Global PR Revolution" in Sofia
- » Eurostat: Since 2007 Rents up by 21%, House Prices by 19%
- » Increase in the International Tourism Revenues in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Bulgaria and China to Manufacture Electric Buses
- » Why Are Statistics Important?
- » "Beverages and Tobacco" Sector Recorded the Largest Increase in the Exports of Bulgaria to the EU