Turkey Sees Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as Alternative to EU
Turkish President Recep Erdogan has stated that Turkey sees the accession of his country to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as a real alternative to membership in the EU.
In a statement to journalists, on his return from an official visit to Pakistan and Uzbekistan, the Turkish head of state expressed his opinion that, after Brexit, similar events could take place in other European countries, pointing out France and Italy as an example.
Erdogan reminded that the EU has been delaying Turkey’s accession for 35 years.
“It will be much more convenient for Turkey to work in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation,” commented Erdogan and added that he has already discussed the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia
- » World Media: Tensions between Bulgaria and North Macedonia are Decreasing
- » Croatian President: Croatia will Withdraw its Troops from NATO in case of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- » Serbian President: We are Spending €500 Million more than Bulgaria for Defense
- » Romania: Russia's Request for the Withdrawal of NATO Troops is Unacceptable