Turkey Sees Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as Alternative to EU
Turkish President Recep Erdogan has stated that Turkey sees the accession of his country to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation as a real alternative to membership in the EU.
In a statement to journalists, on his return from an official visit to Pakistan and Uzbekistan, the Turkish head of state expressed his opinion that, after Brexit, similar events could take place in other European countries, pointing out France and Italy as an example.
Erdogan reminded that the EU has been delaying Turkey’s accession for 35 years.
“It will be much more convenient for Turkey to work in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation,” commented Erdogan and added that he has already discussed the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs